Why You Should Plan
A pre-paid funeral is both pre-arranged and paid for. The pre-paid funeral plan is a legal document that is binding on the applicant and France Family Funerals. The money is placed in trust and cannot be used for other than the specified purpose. There is no statewide register of prepaid funerals so it is very important for your family to know that the funeral has been paid for, who the funeral director is, and where the documentation is kept. Once you have pre-arranged your funeral and established the fixed cost with us, you may wish to pre-pay for the funeral service. While it's not necessary to pre-pay, it is an option that many people find helpful.
Advantages of Pre-Paid Funeral Plans
- Provide your family with peace of mind during a period of emotional stress
- Relieve your family from the financial burden of a death in the family
- Save money because the funeral is paid for at today's prices, even if the funeral takes place after a period of inflation there is no additional cost for the pre-paid service
- Ensure that you get the type of funeral you want
Limitations of a Pre-Paid Funeral Plan
- Most plans assume that the person will die close to their residence & allow for transportation costs for a fixed area.
- Sometimes relatives want extras such as special flowers, extra newspaper advertisements, extra cars that are not in the plan & these need to be met by the person/s who order them.
- A contract for a pre-paid funeral is a legally binding document with financial implications so you need to study the contract & liaise with us over any issues you may have.